MLS Laser Therapy is a Multi-wave Locked System laser treatment that uses two different wavelengths for pain relief and accelerated tissue healing. This robotic system can deliver high-power, deep-tissue laser effects to damaged tissues.
Depending on the wavelength of the beam, the MLS laser can have a wide range of impacts. MLS Laser Therapy utilizes the synchronized emission of an 808 nm continuous laser and a 905 nm pulsed laser. Using these two lasers simultaneously in a locked system creates an environment for more rapid healing of tissues, both after surgery or after an injury.
Some of the benefits that laser treatments have on our body include:
- Enhanced adenosine triphosphate production (also known as ATP). ATP is the “gasoline” for all of your body functions. With increased ATP you get enhanced cell function.
- Cells work better to produce a more favorable healing environment. Cells that clean up damaged tissue accelerate to clear the damaged area more quickly and efficiently. Cells that lay down new, healthy tissue also accelerate.
- Protein synthesis increases. Proteins are like bricks in a building whereas if you have more bricks, the faster a structure can heal.
- Lasers also reduce inflammation. Inflammation causes pain and swelling. Dramatic decreases in pain and swelling after injury or surgery are noticed by people who are exposed to lasers. This means less pain and more rapid progress in the repair of damaged tissues.
- There are also the great advantages of enhanced collagen synthesis. Collagen is the most common protein in the body. It is one of the most important building blocks for bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and connective tissue.
- Lasers also promote angiogenesis. Angiogenesis is the growth of new blood vessels. Blood provides oxygen and nutrients in order for tissues to heal and then remain strong. For some reason, when tissues are exposed to the right wavelength of lasers, the growth of new blood vessels dramatically increases. This not only promotes more rapid healing but also causes tissues to remain stronger.
The two wavelengths used in our MLS laser are geared toward deep penetration and decreased pain and inflammation while speeding up healing. An energetic synergy is created when delivering these two wavelengths, that produces greater anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects that neither can produce on its own. This also minimizes the risk of thermal damage. It is this unique combination and synchronization of continuous and pulsed emissions that characterizes MLS and distinguishes it from other Class IV lasers. The main effect we have noticed in our patients is dramatic relief of swelling after surgery or injury. It helps patients get better faster. When traditional therapies don’t work, MLS laser therapy can be a valuable lifeline. To hear how this treatment went for one of our patients, listen to his experience here.