Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology (EPAT)
Frequently Asked Questions
Stop heel pain!
If you are experiencing heel pain, Shockwave Therapy (EPAT) could be right for you!
Take the next step toward happy feet and contact us today!
Finding relief from heel pain with Shockwave Therapy (EPAT)
Click the video to hear from Dr. Silvester direct on why he believes choosing us for your heel pain is the best option for you! Let us help you today!
how to CONTACT US
Call us direct at 210-375-3318.
Fill out our quick Appointment Request
Click the CHAT button on the bottom right.
Take the next step
to happy feet!
Click the links to request your appointment or learn more about what Next Step Foot & Ankle Clinic can do for you.
Foot & Ankle
- Two emerging technologies for Achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciopathy. Langer PR. Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery (2015)
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of low energy extracorporeal pulse activated therapy (EPAT) for chronic plantar fasciitis. Gordon R, Wong C, Crawford EJ. Foot & Ankle International (2012)
- Comparison between extracorporeal shockwave therapy, placebo ESWT and endoscopic plantar fasciotomy for the treatment of chronic plantar heel pain in the athlete. Saxena A, Fournier M, Gerdesmeyer L, Gollwitzer H. Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons Journal (2012)
- Extra-corporeal pulsed-activated therapy (“EPAT” sound wave) for Achilles tendinopathy: a prospective study. Saxena A, Ramdath S Jr, O’Halloran P, Gerdesmeyer L, Gollwitzer H. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (2011)
- Radial extracorporeal shock wave therapy is safe and effective in the treatment of chronic recalcitrant plantar fasciitis. Gerdesmeyer L, Frey C, Vester J, Maier M, Weil L Jr, Weil L Sr, Russlies M, Stienstra J, Scurran B, Fedder K, Diehl P, Lohrer H, Henne M, Gollwitzer H. The American Journal of Sports Medicine (2008)
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for chronic painful heel syndrome: a prospective, double blind, randomized trial assessing the efficacy of a new electromagnetic shock wave device. Gollwitzer H, Diehl P, von Korff A, Rahlfs VW, Gerdesmeyer L. Journal of Foot Ankle Surgery (2007)
- Comparison of radial versus focused extracorporeal shock waves in plantar fasciitis using functional measures. Lohrer H, Nauck T, Dorn-Lange NV, Schöll J, Vester JC. Foot Ankle International (2010)
- Successful treatment of chronic plantar fasciitis with two sessions of radial extracorporeal shock wave therapy. Ibrahim Ibrahim M, Donatelli R, Schmitz C, Hellman M, Buxbaum F. Foot & Ankle International (2010)
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for chronic painful heel syndrome: a prospective, double-blind, randomized trial assessing the efficacy of a new electromagnetic shock wave device. Gollwitzer H, Diehl P, von Korff A, Rahlfs VW, Gerdesmeyer L. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (2007)
- Ultrasonographic evaluation at 6-month follow-up of plantar fasciitis after extracorporeal shock wave therapy. Hammer DS, Adam F, Kreutz A, Rupp S, Kohn D, Seil R. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery (2003)
- Preliminary Results on the Safety and Efficacy of ESWT for Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis. Alvarez R. Foot & Ankle International (2002)
- High-energy focused extracorporeal shockwave therapy reduces pain in plantar fibromatosis (Ledderhose’s disease). Knobloch K, Vogt PM. BioMed Central Research Notes (2012)
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy improves the walking ability of patients with peripheral artery disease and intermittent claudication. Serizawa F, Ito K, Kawamura K, Tsuchida K, Hamada Y, Zukeran T, Shimizu T, Akamatsu D, Hashimoto M, Goto H, Watanabe T, Sato A, Shimokawa H, Satomi S. Japanese Circulation Journal (2012)
- Extra-corporeal pulsed-activated therapy (“EPAT” sound wave) for Achilles tendinopathy: a prospective study Saxena A, Ramdath S Jr, O’Halloran P, Gerdesmeyer L, Gollwitzer H. The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery (2011)
- Eccentric loading versus eccentric loading plus shock-wave treatment for midportion Achilles tendinopathy: a randomized controlled trial. Rompe JD, Furia J, Maffulli N. American Journal of Sports Medicine (2009)
- Eccentric loading compared with shock wave treatment for chronic insertional Achilles tendinopathy: a randomized, controlled trial. Rompe JD, Furia J, Maffulli N. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (2008)
- Eccentric loading, shock-wave treatment, or a wait-and-see policy for tendinopathy of the main body of tendon Achillis: a randomized controlled trial. Rompe JD, Nafe B, Furia JP, Maffulli N. American Journal of Sports Medicine (2007)
- High-energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy as a treatment for insertional Achilles tendinopathy. Furia JP. The American Journal of Sports Medicine (2006)
- Shock wave therapy for chronic Achilles tendon pain: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Costa ML, Shepstone L, Donell ST, Thomas TL. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research (2005)